|Number of positions:
||Toronto, Ontario (CA-ON)
|Duration of rotation:
Hydro One, Ontario’s?largest electricity transmission and distribution provider, is seeking an in-house legal counsel with 1-3 years of securities law and corporate/commercial experience gained at either a law firm or in-house, to join its mid-sized, collegial, department in downtown Toronto.
The legal counsel will report to an Assistant General Counsel, and is responsible for providing legal advice to more senior members of the Law Division, including the Chief Legal Officer, and directly to internal clients/business units.? The ideal candidate will provide legal advice on a diverse range of matters to various internal departments including finance (tax, treasury), investor relations, corporate communications, corporate secretariat, and corporate development.
- Prepare continuous disclosure documents, including prospectus documents and the annual information form, ensuring they are in compliance with disclosure obligations; review other disclosure documents, including news releases, annual and quarterly reports, as well as assist in reviewing corporate communications documents;
- Attend to corporate matters, including drafting documentation for various corporate finance transactions;
- Draft and negotiate various corporate and banking documents, including non-disclosure agreements, engagement agreements, trust indentures, and credit facilities;
- Liaise with the corporate secretariat, assisting with the preparation of board materials, including resolutions, and supporting corporate governance requirements; and
- Participate in devising strategy and making recommendations to minimize risk.
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The degree of Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) or Juris Doctor (J.D.), and be a member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario
- 1-3 years of legal experience in securities law and corporate/commercial law
- Strong analytical, project management, research and writing skills, and communication skills
- A strong work ethic and a positive team attitude?
- A collaborative and creative thinker
- Ability to handle a high volume of matters, to prioritize matters and to focus on quality and timeliness
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team to proactively bring projects to completion
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.? If you are being considered for an interview or other assessment one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch.? Furthermore, if you are being considered for an interview and require special accommodations please let us know.? Finally, short-listed candidates will be asked to pass a reliability check (which could include criminal background check, driver’s license abstract, education verification, etc.) prior being offered a job at Hydro One.
Deadline: November 23, 2018
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.