Compliance Analyst, R18
Salary range: $51,845.18 – $58,873.38 per annum
Regular, Full-Time/ Vancouver
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The Compliance Analyst conducts compliance audits and inventory counts within established program parameters and procedures.? The Analyst also performs research, analysis and reconciliation activities in support of the unit’s compliance objectives.? The Analyst works as part of a team and interacts with a wide network of internal and external clients.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
A criminal record check is required. An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities?may be established.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.? For specific position related enquiries, please contact Michael.Bhala@bcldb.com. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.? For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
- Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Business Administration or similar discipline with a specialization in accounting;
Recent, Related Experience:
- Minimum of one year of recent experience conducting financial analysis and audits
- Preference may be given to those candidates’ with recent, related experience:
- Conducting financial audits in a regulatory compliance role
- Beverage alcohol industry/supply chain or wholesale/retail operations
A combination of education, training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to those candidates enrolled in the CPA program.
- Accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards [IFRS] and interpretation bulletins)
- Inventory management
- Financial computer software programs, analysis and reporting tools (see: Tools/equipment)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail when communicating
- Excellent interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Concern for order and exceptional attention to details
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate complex information in a manner than can be understood by the audience