Budget Analyst, Finance Retail
Financial Officer R18
Regular Full-Time / Vancouver
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments. The LDB is also responsible for distribution of non-medical cannabis including wholesale, e-commerce and brick and mortar stores.
The Budget Analyst coordinates the budget cycle for Finance-Retail and Retail operations to meet deadlines established by Finance-Corporate. By proactively planning and driving the budget cycle schedule this position works with a variety of stakeholders to consolidate information, prepare budget summary presentations and ensure the Financial Planning Manager and Costing Analyst receive the inputs required to draft the budgets and projections, and to meet monthly deadlines.?? The Analyst’s key contribution includes delivery of supporting financial analysis and budget process management to continually enable the department to meet tight deadlines.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition. An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.? For specific position related enquiries, please contact Marietjie Bower by phone at 604-252-2860.? For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the โฆษณาเกมยิงปลาYour Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcliquorstores.com
- Diploma in accounting and three years of recent, related experience*; OR
- Certificate in accounting and five years of recent, related experience*.
*Recent, Related Experience:
- Providing budget analysis and coordination services and support (see Specific Accountabilities/Deliverables, above).
- Preference may be given to those candidates’ experience in a large, distributed, retail environment.
- Accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, IFRS); financial/accounting and budgeting/forecasting principles, practices, systems, controls and reporting
- LDB’s mandate, priorities and programs
- Financial computer software programs, analysis and reporting tools (see: Tools/equipment)
- Oral and written English communication; presentation skills and attention to detail when communicating
- Attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Critical thinking, analytical, problem solving and judgment skills