Senior Risk and Financial Analyst, Insurance and Trust Supervision
Management Band 3
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
The Financial Institutions Commission (“FICOM”) regulates the pension, financial services and real estate industries in British Columbia (B.C.). This regulation is designed to protect the public against the insolvency of financial institutions, prevent improper market conduct in the financial services and real estate sectors, provide deposit insurance for members of B.C. credit unions and ensure the solvency of pension funds.
The Insurance and Trust Department, in the Financial Institutions Division, is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Financial Institutions Act and Insurance Act.
Under these statutes, the department administers a system of regulatory rules governing prudential and market conduct of provincially regulated insurance and trust companies? These regulatory rules are designed to protect policy holders and trust beneficiaries against insolvency of an insurance or trust company, to safeguard consumers against the improper marketing of financial products and services, to identify trust and insurance companies with unsafe business practices or unsatisfactory financial trends, to provide an operating framework (supervision and administration) to deal with insurance or trust companies which are experiencing financial difficulties, and to initiate remedial action before the interests of policyholders or trust beneficiaries are potentially harmed.
The Senior Supervisor undertakes analysis and assessment of the risk profile and risk management practices of provincially regulated insurance and trust companies; and participates in on-site reviews
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.? For specific position related enquiries, please contact โฆษณาเกมยิงปลาKim.Reimer@ficombc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.? For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary degree in a field related to business, finance, economics or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrated Insurance and/or trust industry experience in conducting internal or external audits of insurance/trust entities, financial analysis, actuarial valuations, claims settlement, insurance underwriting, risk management assessments or asset management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Preference may be given to applicants that have:
- Relevant post-graduate (i.e. business, finance, economics) or certified professional qualifications (i.e. CPA, CIA, CFA, FCIA)
- A minimum of 2 years team leadership experience.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.?
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)?will be?required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements.? Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.