Management Band 3
Positions available in Victoria
This position is full time
This is a temporary opportunity until 12/31/2021
An eligibility list may be established.
Combine your client service, change management and strategic planning skills in this challenging role
Service BC Division is government’s leading provider of citizen- and business-centred services including:
- Through BC Registries and Online Services, we provide trusted registry services including the Corporate Registry, Personal Property Registry, Manufactured Home Registry, OneStop Business Registry and BC Online.
- Through our province-wide network of over 60 in-person service centres and a province-wide Contact Centre, we provide over 600 services on behalf of close to 40 partner ministries and agencies.
- Through the Provincial Identity and Information Management Program, we have an important mandate to deliver secure and privacy-enhancing identity services for citizens and businesses, to support access to digital government services and information.
Within Service BC Division, our people and our culture are important to us. We look for people who are motivated to deliver an excellent service experience to citizens, businesses, colleagues, peers, clients and partners. Our vision is to deliver innovation, value, and service excellence to the citizens of British Columbia and our aspirational goal is to become a best-in-class public service delivery organization. We believe in being kind and helpful, and we are committed to delivering “Service with Heart”.
BC Registries and Online Services within Service BC is embarking on a new path to rebuild our service experience for businesses.? We are undertaking an innovative modernization initiative to re-define service by leveraging the Continuous Service Improvement Lab to bring technical, business and service design expertise together.? A strong leadership team is required to build this capability.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Deputy Registrar is responsible to establish and carry out the strategic direction and operations of the corporate, personal property and manufactured home registries and 8 related legislation and regulations, ensuring the statutory requirements are met. Given the fundamental changes underway in the branch, this position will be a key lead in service leadership and change management across the organization. This position will also provide strategic direction and registries expertise for the division and act as the deputy for the province, assuming full authority for the Executive Director/Registrar as required.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career.?Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.? For specific position related enquiries, please contact Carol.Prest@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.? For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Law or related discipline, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference may be given to applicants with a degree.
- Broad experience in program planning and administration with emphasis on a legal or regulatory background.
- Experience leading and coaching a multi-disciplinary team in an operational or service delivery environment and engaging teams to deliver high-quality services to meet a citizen’s service experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience successfully managing organizational change in a complex business environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business planning, strategic planning and issues management.
- Experience developing and implementing policies and business processes.
- Experience leading and managing projects, preferably including the use of Agile methodologies
- Experience managing financial and contracted resources.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with executives.
- Experience in planning and performance measurement.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.?
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)?will be?required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements.? Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishment